The Accademia Gallery
The Accademia Gallery is the mandatory stop for all those who wish to admire Michelangelo's original David. This is only one of his masterpieces on display, others including the Palestrina Pietà, Saint Matthew and the four unfinished Prisoners.
During this guided visit in the Room of the Colossus we can admire the plaster model for Jean de Boulogne’s most famous work, the Rape of the Sabine Women, which is now at the Loggia dei Lanzi, in Piazza della Signoria. The tour pays attention to a representative selection of XIV-XVIth century Florentine painting at the Gallery.
The Gypsothech of the Accademia houses many interesting models in gesso by XIX century sculptors – Lorenzo Bartolini and Luigi Pampaloni.
During the tour we will see the collection of musical instruments on loan from the Conservatoire. It includes two of the three surviving instruments of the Medici String Quintet, built by Stradivarius for the Grand Duke.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - David of Michelangelo
- Entry/Admission - Museo degli Strumenti Musicali
What's excluded :
- Tickets, earphones and whisperers
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: David of Michelangelo, Via Ricasoli, 60, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
This is the word-famous original by Michelangelo and which stood till the late XIX century in front of Palazzo Vecchio before being moved to the Accademia and replaced by a replica.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Museo degli Strumenti Musicali, Via Ricasoli 58-60 Galleria dell'Accademia, 50122, Florence Italy
You will see a series of curious and ancient musical instruments, including members of the Medici string quintet, commissioned from Antonio Stradivari as a gift for Grand Prince Ferdinand.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Via Ricasoli, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Please consider that pickup times vary depending on the distance between your hotel and themuseum and could vary from 10 to 40 minutes. Please contact me so we can agree a pickup time.I will meet you at he hotel lobby.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/9/2018 - 12/23/2021
Tuesday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer and temperature control is provided at the entrance of Florentine museums and churches by the relevant authorities. In case of high temperature the traveler will be refused entrance. Whisperers are mandatory, and will be charged extra.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.