The Food &Wine Story of Slovenia- 6hr Culinary&Sightseeing Experience from Koper
PLEASE CHECK OPTIONS (private or small group shared experience)
Experience Slovenia Trough the Taste and Tradition of Wine and Food along With a Scenic Ride Troughout Slovenian Coastline with an option of a small shared group for up to 8 travelers or a private experience for one party only (up to 8)
Join us on this small group shore journey (up to 8 persons max) to the small local winery with some great wine tasting along with some great home made prosciutto, olive oil, cheese and bread. Learn about Slovenia trough the visit of medieval town of Piran where you will have some free time on your own and conclude the tasting of Slovenia with 3 course traditional lunch.
- Options for small shared group or a private experience
- Small Group Experience (up to 8 persons max)
- Tour With Hopeless Foodies and Wine Lovers. Just Like You.
- Enjoy Piran at Your Own Pace
- Comfortable, Clean and Air- Conditioned up to date cars/vans
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel or cruise port pickup and drop-off
- All transportation in up to date comfortable air conditioned car/ passenger van for up to 8 persons
- Wine Tasting up to 5 samples
- Food and Wine (prosciutto, olive oil, chesee, bread)
- Three Course Traditional Lunch (soup, main dish, dessert, wine, coffee)
- English speaking driver/ escort
- Basic Insurance
- Complimentary bottle of water
- Entry/Admission - Koper Cathedral and Bell Tower
- Entry/Admission - Portoroz Beach
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Koper Cathedral and Bell Tower, Titov Trg, Koper 6000 Slovenia
After we meet at the cruise terminal or another preferred location in Koper we will first head directly to the private boutique wine cellar where we will be introduced to over 4000 years old tradition of wine making in this area. With up to 5 samples of amazing home local wine we will be served with home made prosciutto, olive oil, cheese and bread. On the way to wine cellar your driver will introduce you our country in terms of history, politics and fun facts.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Piran Aquarium, Kidricevo nabrezje 4, Piran 6330 Slovenia
After approx 1 hour in the cellar we will take you on a panoramic smooth ride trough Slovenian coast to the town of Piran, which is the oldest Slovenian town and because of that also called the museum town. You will have up to 2 hours to explore the town at your own pace.
The biggest impact on Piran architecture was left from Venetian Republic times in 15th century so in this town you will get the impression of Venice. But the town is far less crowded and had remained the spirit trough the years. Most of the residents still live there and give this town its unique atmosphere. Whether you will go up to see the church or just sit under the statue of Giuseppe Tartini- a famous violinist born in Piran, or wonder around just by walking its narrow streets, visit the towns market or have another glass of amazing Slovenian wine at the coast you will surely fall in love with this amazingly charming old town.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Portoroz Beach, Obala, Portoroz Slovenia
As we meet again after approx 2 hours we will take you trough picturesque landscape of Slovenian coast to our final experience as it will be time for lunch (included in price)
We will be served 3 course traditional local lunch (soup, main dish, dessert) with a glass or two of house wine or other drink at a traditional family run authentic restaurant.
We are irresistible foodies and wine lovers so we know where great wine and food is served.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Koper Cathedral and Bell Tower, Titov Trg, Koper 6000 Slovenia
After the lunch we will take you back to your ship or another location in a relaxing ride as our experience concludes.On this experience you will definitely get the best possible impression of real Slovenia from all possible aspects.
This is for sure one of the best and unique ways to experience Slovenia
Warm welcome to Koper/ Slovenia
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Cruise passenger terminal in KoperHotel or any other preferred pickup locationPlease be ready and waiting at the pickup location 10 minutes prior your scheduled pickup time.If not otherwise agreed the return location is the same as pickup locationPorts
- Pokrajinski muzej Koper, Kidričeva ulica 19, 6000 Koper, Slovenia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Pickup is from Koper cruise terminal but is also available from any location within Koper town limits. Please provide us pickup location at the time of booking.
- Children aged 5 and younger pay only insurance (1 Eur)
- Please provide your ship name and disembark/ departure times at the time of booking.
- You will receive exact optimized tour departure time when we contact you (24 hours) after the booking.
- During peak season we cannot always guarantee to provide fluent English speaking driver or escort. In the event this is not possible, rest assured that you will still receive 100 percent level of service and will not be affected in any way. The cave tour is always provided in English.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions so please wear appropriate clothes in case of wind or rain.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Safety for our staff and costumers has always been our Nr1 priority. And so is now in these "changed" times. Please stay reassured that our safety measures are always100% up to date according to highest travel industry standards.But we also use "common sense" so we can still deliver 100% experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.