Ukrainian Village Private Tour
Discover history and culture of Ukraine in the compact ethnographic open-air Ukrainian Village Museum not far from Kyiv. Unique exhibits, interesting master classes, delicious national cuisine and exclusive souvenirs are waiting for you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned car (or mini-bus)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance tickets
- Walking tour in Ukrainian Village Museum
- Entry/Admission - Ethnographical complex Ukrainian Village
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- master classes and craftsman show
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ethnographical complex Ukrainian Village, Polyana Lisova St. 60, Buzova 08120 Ukraine
The Ukrainian Village skansen is located in a picturesque coniferous forest half an hour’s drive from Kyiv. It is a modern museum, representing historical Ukrainian village culture and life on a compact territory.
Unlike the Pirogovo Museum, you won’t have to walk a lot; you can also enter all houses and buildings, and touch the exhibits.
Moreover, you will see the work of potters, blacksmiths and even feel yourself a Ukrainian craftsman by participating in one of the master classes.
Besides, there is a mini zoo with domestic and wild animals, an outdoor recreation area and a national cuisine restaurant in the museum.
UKRAINIAN VILLAGE HAS PREPARED FOR YOU:
There are rural houses from the main historical regions of Ukraine in the museum: Gutsulshchina (the Carpathians), Southern Ukraine, Podolye (southwestern part), Polesye (northern), Slobozhanshchina (eastern), and Middle Naddnepryanshchina (center). Various interiors and a huge collection of authentic items from each region are gathered in the museum. During the tour, you will learn a lot about the life of Ukrainian villages. Moreover, there is a pottery workshop, a smithy, a bakery and even a brewery in the Ukrainian Village Museum.
Do you want to try to make a clay jug, forge a horseshoe for luck or learn how to make Ukrainian vareniki? Welcome to the Ukrainian Village master classes! Here are just a few of them:
- vareniki* making,
- Petrykivka painting,
- Chumak** kulesh*** cooking.
DELICIOUS NATIONAL CUISINE
After an interesting excursion and entertainment, you can dinnner at the restaurant-kolyba serving delicious dishes of national cuisine: borsch with pampushkas, chumak kulesh cooked at the stake, banosh with bryndza cheese, deruny, vareniki.
* Vareniki are dumplings with sweet or savory filling.
** Chumak is a historic occupation on the territory of the modern Ukraine, merchants or traders, primarily known for the salt trade.
*** Kulish is a simple traditional Ukrainian millet porridge/soup with meat, salo (pork underskin fat), meat broth, potatoes, carrots and onions.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :National Museum of Folk Architecture and Life of Ukraine, Vulytsya Akademika Tronʹka, Kyiv, Ukraine, 03026
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.