UNESCO JEWELS: Antigua Half Day Tour from Guatemala City
Depart from Guatemala City to explore the fascinating city of Antigua Guatemala, declared World Heritage Site for its historical value, wonderful architecture and colorful landscapes, learning about history and culture. You will visit some buildings with unique architecture style of the once consdered the third most important Spanish colony in the Americas.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line Guatemala, Guatemala City 0011 Guatemala
You will be picked up at your hotel (selected hotels) in Guatemala City and transfer to our meeting point in Antigua Guatemala to meet our local guide to begin your soft walking of approximately 3 hours below a brief summary of what to expect on your way.
Antigua Guatemala, Once the third largest city in all of Spanish Colonial America and for 200 years the capital of Guatemala, it is today a peaceful, beautiful and partially restored colonial city. Cobblestone streets wind through the city of majestic churches and monasteries.
Stop At: Iglesia de La Merced, 5a Avenida Norte y 1a Calle Poniente Centro Histórico, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
La Merced Church of Guatemalan Ultrabaroque style, is a temple of the Mercedarian Order, which was founded by San Pedro Nolasco, of whom there is a sculpture in the upper part of the facade of the church..
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Arco de Santa Catalina, Avenida Norte 5a Calle del Arco - Centro Histórico, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
The Santa Catalina Arch was built to connect the nuns between cloisters to avoid being seen due to the votes that the religious who belonged to that Order took, After the earthquakes of 1773, the arch became important due to the arrangements that were made. These arrangements included the construction of a turret and the inclusion of a Lamy Amp Lacroix watch of French origin.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Plaza Central Park, Plaza Mayor City Center, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
The Central Park was built based on the traditional patterns used in the urban planning of the Spanish colonies. The park is surrounded by buildings that are maintained over time, such as Palace of the General Captains, the Town Hall, the Cathedral of San Jose and the Trade Portal.
The central park was built based on the traditional patterns used in the urban planning of the Spanish colonies. The park in turn is surrounded by buildings that are maintained over time, such as
We also find in the center of the park, Las Sirenas fountain, that has a traditional oral that you will discover during the tour.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Tanque de la Union, Calle oriente 6a Centro Histórico, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Continuing our way, we will visit the La Unión tank, which is one of the most representative laundries in this city, and has a historical value because only the big houses had a place where they could wash. For this reason, most of the inhabitants - housewives - went to public laundries.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Jade Maya - The Original Jade factory and Museum, 4a. Calle Oriente No. 34, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Jade Factory and Museum The jade is cut and polished in the factory by local Guatemalan workers who follow the carving traditions of their ancestors, Ancient civilizations appreciated the jadeite jade stones as ornaments, tools, and burial artifacts.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mercado de Artesanias El Carmen, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
El Carmen Ruins, The facade of the church was built with stucco-covered bricks, it had two levels with 24 columns in total, distributed in two towers of 6 columns each, this detail makes the temple still unique today. To one side of these ruins is the El Carmen Craft Market.where you can find a lot of Guatemalan souvenirs.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Gray Line Antigua Guatemala - Tours & Experiences, 2a Calle Oriente, #4B, Antigua Guatemala Antigua, Guatemala 03001, Guatemala
At the end of the tour you’ll be transferred back Guatemala City by our driver.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact Gray Line Guatemala to arrange.
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- To find pictures of our experiences, search us on Instagram as @graylinetoursgt
- Most travelers can participate
- If you are lodging in Zone 1, our only pick-up point is at the Hotel Panamerican.
- If you are lodging in an airbnb please move to the nearest hotel lobby and please let us know of its name.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.