Wajid Ali Shah Walk through Kaiserbagh
Kaiserbagh Palace indeed did not have any parallel anywhere in the world. Kaiserbagh Palace Complex was in fact the most well planned works of grandeur by Wajid-Ali-Shah, the last ruler of Awadh, who himself was a great connoisseur of art in all its forms and the same innate personality reflected in his palace. Kaiserbagh later became a victim of British revenge, after the failed uprising in 1858, when the British recaptured sieged Lucknow and the ruler Wajid-Ali-Shah was deposed to Calcutta. As a consequence and revenge of the toughest time that the British forces had here, Kaiserbagh was unmindfully demolished.
Today sadly, only a few structures remain to be seen and it is indeed very hard to imagine that once it was, the world’s most beautiful palace complex. On this walking tour we explore the Kaiserbagh Palace Complex, reconstruct the area with the help of old pictures and maps and as a cherry on the cake, we treat you over a cup of tea
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional art historian guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Kaiserbagh Palace
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. This can be arranged at an extra cost.
- DVD (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaiserbagh Palace, Lucknow Centre, Lucknow India
• Explore & virtually reconstruct Wajid Ali Shah's palace complex of Kaiserbagh on this 2 hour walking tour with a specialist walk leader.
• Curated photographs and maps are shown to guests, to help understand the construction of the complex.
• Wajid Ali Shah's personality as a ruler and as a person is narrated in the form of a story about his life in Lucknow.
• The walk ends with a refreshing cup of tea and a clip from a film shot in this area about the extinct culture is shown at a private home that is within a portion of this destroyed palace complex.
• Watch Chikan & Zari (embroidery) artisans at work at a private studio within the Kaiserbagh Palace Complex.
• Jute Walking bag with bottled water, notes on the subject and an old map too is included as a giveaway.
• The walk starts at 3 pm from UP Press Club, near Hotel Gemini Continental, Rani Laxmi Bai Marg, Lucknow.
• Everyday except Sunday and a few festival holidays.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :U.P. Press Club, Lucknow, China Bazar Gate Wala Kwadar Road Kaisarbagh Lucknow –, DM Compound Colony, Kaiserbagh Officer's Colony, Qaisar Bagh, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226001, India
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :kotwara house, Baijal Communication Maurawan, Building, Maharaja Mahmudabad, Kaiserbagh Officer's Colony, Qaisar Bagh, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226001, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- If Hotel pickup is requested, please note that pickup time will be prior to 3 pm.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.