walking tour Castel del Monte Unesco site
With our walking tour at the Castel del Monte you will visit it with a local guide who will reveal the secrets of the place and tell you about the life of Federico II, the Emperor and the holy Roman empire.
per adult from
What's included :
- tour guide
What's excluded :
- Castel del Monte entrance ticket (€ 10) - free for under 18
- Entry/Admission - Castel del Monte
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castel del Monte, Strada Statale 170, 76125, Andria Italy
The Castel del Monte, located in Andria, is a Unesco World Heritage Site since 1996.
From the top of the hill, where the Castle was built on 550 meters above sea level, you will admire the landscape on the Murgia National Park on one side and on the other the sea. You will discover that this castle has been studied over the years, even though the reason is not clear.
Built by Frederick II, the Holy Roman Emperor and King of Sicily, the fortress offers numerous pearls of history, mysteries and symbols. Its octagonal shape, which makes it unique in its kind, is emblematic of its symbolism. The octagon embodies the union of two geometric shapes, the circle and the square, one symbolizing the heaven and the other the earth.
The tour will continues inside the Castle where you'll walk through the rooms on the two floors, discovering the Frederick II life, farsighted man, and his his work as a king.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :76123 Andria, Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- the tour is guaranteed on minimum 2 partecipants
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- if the secutity distance can't be respected you should wear the face mask
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.